If you’re planning a beach trip but don’t want to travel too far, then the best place you can visit is San Juan, Batangas.
Located in the region of Calabarzon, the city is just a three-hour trip away from Metro Manila by car, which means you don’t need a lot of time for preparation.
Most important of all, Batangas is now at Alert Level 2, a quarantine classification that started on November 1 and will last until November 14.
This entails the easing of domestic travel in the city, specifically the leisure kind, allowing travelers from areas under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) and Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) to enter.
Travel Guidelines and Requirements
- Only travelers hailing from GCQ and MGCQ areas will be accommodated.
- Tourists of all ages are allowed to visit.
- Those with underlying conditions and pregnant women are not permitted to enter regardless if they’re fully vaccinated or come from GCQ or MGCQ areas.
- Booking confirmation.
Here’s the list of available resorts in San Juan:
- Acuatico Beach Resort and Hotel
- Palm Beach
- Cala Laiya
- El Jardin de Zaida
- La Luz Beach Resort and Spa
- Blue Coral Beach Resort
- Acuaverde Beach Resort and Hotel
- Taramindu Beach and Garden Inn
- Sabangan Beach Resort
- Proof of Health Status:
- 0-2 years old: None as long as guardians have complete requirements.
- 3-17 years old: Medical Certificate from a Physician.
- 18 years old and above:
- For fully vaccinated: Vaccination Card (2nd vaccine dose should be given 14 days before arrival)
- For unvaccinated or partially vaccinated: Antigen or RT-PCR Test (taken within 72 hours before arrival.)
Want more news like this one? Head over to Nation Builder PH Travel Section for the latest updates.
Image credit: Faisal Waheed via Unsplash