The country is ready to compete in this year’s Miss International pageant after Bibinibing Pilipinas crowned Masbate’s candidate Hannah Arnold as this year’s representative.
Arnold bested 33 other candidates from all over the Philippines to snatch the most coveted crown in this year’s Binibining Pilipinas competition.
The 24-year-old model and sleep scientist was crowned by 2019’s winner Bea Patricia Magtanong, who placed eighth overall in Miss International 2019 held in Yokohama, Japan.
Apart from Arnold, five others were crowned in this year’s Binibining Pilipinas contest:
- Bb. Pilipinas Grand International – Candidate No. 1 Samantha Alexandra Panlilio (Cavite)
- Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental – Candidate No. 12 Cinderella Faye Obeñita (Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental)
- Bb. Pilipinas Globe – Candidate No. 10 Maureen Ann Montagne (Batangas)
- 1st runner-up – Candidate No. 19 Gabrielle Camille Basiano (Borongan, Eastern Samar)
- 2nd runner-up – Candidate No. 7 Meiji Cruz (Valenzuela)
Arnold will undergo rigorous training to capture the 2021 Miss International crown in Japan later this year. And if the Masbate native’s endeavor proves successful, she’ll become the sixth Filipina to snatch the title after Aurora Pijuan (1970), Melanie Marquez (1979), Lara Quigaman (2005), Bea Santiago (2013), and Kylie Verzosa (2016).
This is the first year the Binibining Pilipinas Organization held its pageant without the Miss Universe crown. Late in 2019, the Miss Universe Philippines organization announced its acquisition of the franchise.
The 2021 pageant was also rescheduled multiple times due to the pandemic. Initially, the coronation night was set for April but was postponed to July. And out of the 40 original candidates, only 34 remained.
Want more news like this one? Head over to Nation Builder PH Entertainment News Section for the latest updates.
Image credit: Binibining Pilipinas’ Official Facebook Page